Monday, January 5, 2015

New Years Transfer - 01/05/15 (Glen Carbon, IL)

Dear Friends and Family,

So for the poor excuse of a letter that I sent last week. I was with the Zone Leaders in Fairview Heights. We had trouble finding a library to write at, but when we did they kicked us off after 30 minutes, so that was that... Anyways, all is well over here in the Mid-West. I had a great Christmas, talking with my family, and spending time with members of the wad here. We also got to visit a few of our investigators and bring some cheer to their Christmas. 

We had to go to St. Louis Monday morning to drop Elder Abad off in his new area. He is going to be working the Lindell area as an office Elder. So I didn't get my new companion until Wednesday when we went back into St. Louis for Transfer meeting. I got to see most of my MTC Buddies and got to catch up and see how they were all doing! I also got my New Companion...

My New Companion is Elder Bell, he is from Gilbert Arizona. (Which is were both sisters in our ward are from, So I am the only Utah! And they don't let me forget that). Elder Bell has been out for about 14 months, his last area was Hazel-wood Missouri. He is a pretty cool guy and we get along really good! 

I have been doing pretty good at running the area so far, I guess I know the area and people better than I thought I did. But we have been out working hard this week and were not able to meet with anybody. But we have plans this week to try and get our investigators Lupie, Stephen and Tanya to progress towards baptism, not sure what to do yet, but something will work out as long as we are listening to the spirit.

Well It is going to be cold this week, like single digits at times! I hate the wind chill too, the cold just goes right through you and it is quite unpleasant. But we will be out working and doing our best to serve others, I am pretty excited for this week. I think that is it for now, I will end by telling a little story...

So Monday, we hung out with the East St. Louis Elders and Elder Johnson really wanted to go look at these old abandoned buildings in the middle of East St. Louis.. So we did, But it is ok because we had the Zone Leaders with us! haha! We think this building was an old Hotel, because it had about 4 floors with like 100 rooms! There was a big ballroom and foyer, except that everything looked like it has been left alone for 1,000 years. It was pretty creepy, but we made it to the 3ed floor then came down. 

After that we took the Metro train down to the East River Front which was awesome! We had the best view of The Arch and St Louis. so that was way fun! I love it out here, St Louis is so cool.. Anyways, everyone have a great week and be safe.. Until next week when I write again, peace on the streets

Elder Chase Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment