Monday, January 26, 2015

Shoulder To The Wheel - 01/26/14 (Glen Carbon, IL)

Dear Friends and Family,

Time really is starting to fly by out here on the mission. We are already starting the second to last week of the transfer. So by the end of next week I will receive news regarding if I will be staying another transfer in Glen Carbon, or if I will be transferred to a new area.

Things have been good out here in St. Louis, The winter has been very mild, which I am grateful for. It has been weird walking around in a short sleeve shirt in the middle of January! But this morning we went to Edwardsville to a catholic funeral for the husband of one of the members of our ward. It was a very nice service, but by the time we came out it was snowing.

We had some great lessons with our investigators this week, we got to visit Lupie this week and she is doing much better now. Her health is improving and she is starting to show more of a desire and motivation to start coming to church. We were able to give her a blessing, and bless her home. Then a miracle happened, she came to church on Sunday! First time in months since she has been there! She recognizes the difference in her life when she goes to church and when she doesn't, and she sincerely wants to be there. We plan to set a baptismal date with her this week. 

Stephen and Tanya did not make it to church on sunday, but they are doing much better health wise. They want us to come over this week to read with them in the Book of Mormon, we are very excited for that. We plan to set a baptismal date with both of them this week. 

This week are plan on focusing a lot of our efforts on finding new investigators and to get our investigators to progress. Hopefully we will talk again with our investigator from Highland who did the work for the Kansas City Temple! We also have a lot of less active names to go and visit. There are several less active families that I really want to start working with, I decided that one of my top goals on my mission is to reactivate a family! So we are going to hit the pavement hard this week and work as hard as we can and really make these last two weeks count since I don't know if I'll be here next transfer.

Thank You to all of my family and loved ones who continue to support me while I am out here serving a mission. This week I hit my 4 month mark! Haha! 20 more months to serve. I realized that I have learned so much, its hard to even put it into words. I have been able to experience a lot and meet a lot of great people who have made an impact on my life. I can definitely feel myself changing out here, but it is a good change! A change that come through our loving heavenly Father, true conversion. 

Sorry I don't have any crazy stories from this week, although I am not sure I could have a story that quite tops our apartment fire, or getting our car stuck on ice and mud! I bet I will have a good story to tell next week for y'all. However I did find out that the Subway Restaurant in East St. Louis has like an inch of bullet proof glass from ceiling to floor between the workers and customers. Man, I love East St Louis...... and subway.

Till next week, Peace on The Streets..

Elder Chase Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment