Monday, May 4, 2015

Saturdays Blessings - 05/04/15 (Charleston, IL)

Dear Friends and Family,

I can't believe the week has already gone my so quickly as it has! It was a very busy week here in The Missouri St Louis mission, and a very busy week for Elder Campbell and I in Charleston Illinois. The transfer is over and we start fresh again for another 6 weeks. Before I tell you all what is happening for the upcoming transfer I will tell you all the exciting stuff that happened this week and the blessings that I have seen.

So Saturday we had our Surprise Mission Conference in St Louis that destroyed the possibility of Sharon getting baptized that morning. We were up at 4am to make the trip to St Louis by 8:30am. Our Conference was held at the stake center in Chesterfield Missouri. We got to shake hands and meet Bishop Stevens who is the Presiding Bishop of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the New area 70 called to our region, and Elder Quentin L Cook of the Quorum of the 12 apostles. It was a pretty amazing experience. For about an hour we had a big question and answer session with them, and they all talked on a different subject they felt our mission needed to hear, then bore their testimonies. It was incredible to get to hear from an apostle of Jesus Christ. At the end of his testimony he left us with an apostolic blessing to know that we are where we need to be, to understand our sacred calling and that our time as missionaries will mean everything to us and prepare us for our lives. The whole mission conference was amazing, and I got to take some really good notes to reflect on. It was great seeing many people I haven't seen for a long time, like my MTC buddies, Elder Abad and all of my past companions and people I've served around. 

The second blessing came on Saturday as well... At the beginning of the week we were trying to figure everything out with Sharon's baptism, we didn't know when we were going to do it, or if it would even happen. Then a miracle happened and some space opened up Saturday evening, We were able to plan the service, get her interviewed and ready for that night. After Mission conference we drove back up to the church building in Mattoon and started getting the font ready! Long story short, her baptism happened! I was able to preform the baptism as she requested and the next day Sharon was confirmed a member of the church and received the Holy Ghost! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father was able to preform small miracles through out the week that Sharon was able to be baptized. I feel like that is why I was supposed to come to Charleston.. 

The third blessing came Saturday night as well. It had been a very very long day.. Once we got home from the baptismal service we got a call from our District leader telling us our transfer call doctrine! Everything was up in the air about whether we would stay together one more transfer in Charleston or if I wold be moved. We found out though that my time in Charleston is done. Wednesday morning I am being transferred to a new area! I will be serving in Belleville Illinois. I will be heading from the Champaign Stake back to the O'Fallon Stake were I was serving when I was in Glen Carbon, in fact I am about 20-30 minutes south of Glen Carbon. Belleville is right next to East St Louis, so I will be back around there again! At Christmas time I was even in Belleville for the Christmas parade, and I spent a few hours in Belleville my last P-day I was in Glen Carbon. 

I will be serving as senior companion with Elder Jones, who came out a transfer or two after me. In fact he was trained in Edwardsville While I was finishing being trained in Glen Carbon, so I am sure that since we are now serving together so close to our first areas we will make a trip up there one P-day! 

Anyways I think that is all I have to report for this week, it has been a great week. I look forward to starting my 3ed area and 5th companion which could very well take me to the year mark of my mission. Which would also mean spending the first year of my mission in the state of Illinois.. Which is weird since my mission is based in Missouri. I hope that everyone will look for the blessings of the lord this week and be able to see his hand in your own lives. I am grateful to be serving as a missionary at this time in the world! I Love and miss you all!

Elder Chase Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment