Monday, April 27, 2015

The End In Charleston? - 04/27/15 (Charleston, IL)

Dear Friends and Family,

Life is good out here in the MId-West and Illinois is starting to get more green as well. It is hard to believe that I am already been in Charleston for 3 months. This is the last week of the transfer, and we get calls Saturday night to find out what will happen to Elder Campbell and I. Honestly it could go either way, I could see myself staying another transfer here or I could see myself leaving. Saturday will be a big day...

We found out Tuesday that we have a surprise Mission Conference this coming Saturday, the same day as Transfer Calls. So We will be leaving early that morning and take our 3 hour drive down to St Louis Missouri. We will be hearing from Elder Quentin L Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. So that will be an awesome experience! It will also be nice to get out of the middle of nowhere and into the city again. 

There is one problem with Mission Conference though.. it has forced us to postpone Sharon's baptismal date. :( Saturday morning was the only time she was able to do schedule it, but now it has to be pushed back to mother's Day weekend. That kind of bums me out because I might not be here for it because I would have been transferred 3 days before it. That really came as a disappointment to Sharon as well, because she had asked me if I could preform the baptism for her. But now everything is up in the air... 

I am confident that whatever happens in regard to Sharon's baptism will be for the best. In the end the work I have been able to do is still there, and the important thing is not that I am there to preform the baptismal ordinance but what matters is that it is done. So If it works out or not, then I will feel good knowing that I did what I was supposed to do. 

Everything has gone alright in regards to work this week, we have been out there working hard. We have had some trouble with our teaching pool because It's kind of mellowing out. Most of our potentials and people we try each week are simmering out. So this week we will be focusing on finding more people to teach. We did get a referral a few days ago from a Girl who is 19 and lives outside of Charleston in a small town called Ashmore. Her parents are taking the discussions down in Kentucky and she wanted to meet with us so she can attend church and get back taking lessons. So that is pretty promising, and hopefully we will be able to meet with her this week. We also had a lady call us and said she used to meet with missionaries and will be down in Charleston and wants to take us to lunch. So she will be driving down from Paris on Wednesday so we can do that. 

The work continues strong out here in the Missouri St Louis mission and there are many miracles being accomplished. I hope that they can continue for this week, we sure need some good stuff to happen! I will report again next week about all the good stuff that happens throughout this upcoming week here in the Charleston area. I love you all.

Elder Chase Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment