Monday, December 22, 2014

Twas The P-Day Before Christmas - 12/22/14 (Glen Carbon, IL)

Dear Friends and Family,
This week has been such a great week! It went by really fast, but we were working hard and having a lot of fun! We are getting all ready for Christmas this week and it should be a lot of fun. I am anticipating spending my first Christmas on my Mission here in St Louis, but will talk about that a little more later.
On Monday we didn't do much for P-Day but we had dinner with The Wood's, they are such an awesome couple. They are both like 70 years old, and have the same first names! Sister Dawn Wood, and Brother Don Wood.. Haha! Brother wood actually just got baptized in June after having major lung surgery. After they fed us dinner they drove us down to Belleville to see "Our Lady of The Snow" Church Christmas lights, it was pretty incredible. It reminded me a lot of Temple Square during Christmas, just more churchy Displays, and a petting zoo..
I got to feed Miniature Cattle, and pet goats, a camel, and a couple of Llama's! Haha! We are going back on Christmas Eve and might take the opportunity to ride a camel.
Wednesday us and a large group of members drove to the far reaches of our area to a small town called Alhambra were we went and saw one of the Sister's Recent converts turned less active. We sung Christmas Carols to him till he answered the door, eventually he let us all in. I think it really touched him and showed him that he is loved and cared for in our ward. It was definitely a very touching experience for me as well. 

This week we went on back to back exchanges with the Zone Leaders and East St Louis Elders. Thursday I went and worked with Elder Kettle in Fairview Heights. For a good part of the day we were a Tri-panionship with Elder Villalobos, while his companion Elder Johnson was in St. Louis on temple trip. After we got rid of Villalobos, Kettle and I took the Metro train down to a small town called Swansea. We walked all over this town contacting people.
Friday we had District Meeting then we exchanged again, and I worked with Elder Johnson in Glen Carbon. By The time we got back from East St Louis from our meeting we only got to proselyte for a few hours in Troy. But we visited a few less actives and tracted for a while, which was a party! haha! We never stopped laughing, we had a great time. When We got back to our apartment in Glen Carbon we baked an apple pie from scratch! That's right, from scratch... The Things you learn on your mission! Haha! We may or may not have stayed up later than we probably should have but we had such a great time talking, telling stories, and we seriously never stopped laughing. :) We both needed that exchange.. Especially Johnson, he is worn out with East St Louis and worn out with Elder Villalobos because he is crazy..
Sunday us and the Sister missionaries did a musical performance in Sacrament meeting. We sung "Oh Holy Night" and guess what..? I played it on the guitar while we sung. It was the first time I've ever done anything like that, but it was fun! We all sung and played it well, and everyone enjoyed it for sure. 

Well I hope everyone has a great Christmas this week, remember He Is The Gift! Watch the video and share it.. That is the number one thing for us to do this week. We will be spending Christmas Eve with the Clements in Granite, then Christmas will be spent with the McKay Family in Granite, after that we will take a trip all the way up to Highland to spend time with the Davis family. I am looking forward to skyping home and getting to talk with my family! This is also the last week of Transfers, and likely my last week with my trainer Elder Abad... Saturday we will find out our fate! Most likely I will be staying to run the area with somebody new... Elder Kettle told me that I need a companion who is not as experienced, someone who has been out the same time as me. So we will see what Happens. But I will be spending New Years Eve with someone new.
Till next week, Merry Christmas Y'all!!
Elder Chase Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment