Monday, February 9, 2015

Goodbye Glen Carbon - 02/09/15 (Glen Carbon, IL)

Dear Friends and Family,

It is hard to believe that we are already into the second week of February! Time sure does fly out here. There were a few days this week with warm temperatures, but it is supposed to drop again this week. I am grateful that it has been a very mild winter! 

This week was kind of slow for us! We were able to contact several Less Active people who haven't had any contact with the church for a long time. We had a good lesson with Lupie this week, and we are working with her to get baptized on April 25. 

Stephen and Tanya, our investigators in the motel room, are doing better. They are starting to get back on track with reading and learning. They still just have so many temporal needs getting in the way of them progressing, which is frustrating! 

It is also the end of the transfer here in the Missouri St. Louis Mission! Saturday night we sat down and waited for a call from our District Leader, and I have to say that I was kind of nervous, more than I thought I would be! But I was ready for whatever was going to happen! 

So yes, I was told that I am getting transferred!! I have officially spent my last week in Glen Carbon and Wednesday Morning I head for my new area! It was hard to believe the news at first, I would have liked to stay in Glen Carbon for 1 more transfer! I have realized that I have built so many good relationships in my 4 1/2 months here, and it makes it way hard to say goodbye! I have made so many memories here and have learned so much. Glen Carbon will always hold a special place in my heart!! 

But it is time for me to move on... Wednesday morning I go into St Louis for transfer meeting where I will be meeting my new companion for the first time. His name is Elder Philips, he is apparently from Idaho, and has been out 18 months. 

I am moving from the O'Fallon zone all the way to the Champaign zone, which is the most Eastern part of the mission. So I am staying in Illinois for a little bit longer! Haha!  But I am closer to Indiana now. My Area is called Charleston,  which is about 2 hours away from St Louis. 

I kind of stinks that I have to go start all over again in a new area, but I definitely know how a mission works now and I feel adjusted and equipped enough to start working in a new area. It is just the unknown of doing something I haven't done yet which is getting transferred to a new area. So It will be quite the adventure this week I am sure! 

For P-day we are going to hang out with the East St. Louis Elders and go explore more abandoned buildings in East St Louis. In a strange way, I am going to miss that place too! Haha! I am packing my bags, that is pretty much the news of the week, so I will write again next week and tell you all about my new area and my new companion! Until then read your scriptures, pray, and go to church! Count your many blessings! 

Elder Chase Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment